Questions to Jack Sarfatti on Time Travel, UFOs & Paranormal
This was pulled off of Jack Sarfatti's website. I contacted Jack back in 2011 to ask him some questions regarding certain personal experiences he had as a child, as well as his later involvement with the early psychic research conducted by the US government starting in the 1970s. Jack was kind enough to respond and fill in a few holes for me.
Questions put to me by Anthony Forwood on Time Travel, UFOs & Paranormal
On Dec 6, 2011, at 6:09 PM, anthony forwood wrote:
Dear Dr. Sarfatti,
I was supposed to get back to you last month with some interview questions I wanted to ask you, but I’ve been a little late in getting to it, so I apologize and hope that you still have the time and inclination to do this for me. The purpose of these questions are for a book I’m writing.
I’ve compiled quite a number of questions that I want to ask you, and since there are so many and I know your time is valuable, I don’t expect you to answer every one of them (although it would be great if you did), nor do I expect you to do so in short time. Therefore, feel free to only respond to those you choose to, and ignore those you don’t.
I’d like to start out by focusing on your experiences that stem from the mysterious phone calls in 1953 and your resulting involvement with Puharich, Geller, etc. at SRI in 1973, and then I want to ask you questions related to your work and ideas about the future affecting the past.
1) Puharich claimed in his book on Uri Geller that he began communicating with ‘The Nine’ at the very end of 1952 and into 1953, through a medium named Dr. Vinod. Geller had his UFO experience in 1949, when he was three years old, and soon after, discovered his psychic abilities. Looking back in retrospect, what relationship, if any, do you think the phone calls you received from the metallic voice in 1953 might have had with Puharich’s and Geller’s involvement with similar entities during the time leading up to you working with them 20 years later? Do you think it was the same entities? Do you think they were non-human?
Obviously I think they are from the same source. What that source is - I don't know.
2) By the early 1970s, Andrija Puharich had supposedly developed certain electronic equipment that could enhance telepathic abilities. Do you know anything about that, and if so, can you describe what it was and how it was supposed to work?
No, not in any detail.
3) Do you know if Andrija Puharich was working for the CIA during his work with Uri Geller?
I assume so.
4) I’m sure you’ve heard of the ‘Montauk Project’ (Project Phoenix), which involved children in various experiments, including ‘enhanced development’ projects.
I was a kid in such a project so was Hank Harrison. I don't know if it was called "Montauk" or "Phoenix" - again this is in my book. Puthoff also may have been a kid in such a project. I am not sure. You would have to ask him. I do know that government agents from New Mexico visited the project I was part of.
Irrespective of the more outrageous claims made about Montauk, do you think that the special program you were involved in during the 1950s was related to the Montauk Project? Were the kids in this enhanced learning program separated into various different classes for different types of training and testing, or were you all following the same basic curriculum? Do you think that they were providing special long-range training to you and the other kids because of certain relatively recent events of the time that called for the urgent need (i.e. Roswell crash/alien contact), or do you have another idea about what the purpose of this program was?
Obviously I think it was this project most likely. Since I was 13 - 16 I was not privy to the information you seek. All I know is that this project got me into Cornell on full scholarship to work with the men who built the atomic bomb at Los Alamos.
5) What’s your response to the rumors that some of these secret government programs have involved both time-travel, astral travel, and mind-control experiments? What’s your response to the idea of involvement of the government with extraterrestrials?
The X-Men is based on this project. They tried to induce psychic abilities in us and they also got us interested in UFOs.
6) What’s your opinion of the reality of the Philadelphia Experiment (Project Rainbow) that reportedly occurred in 1943, and supposedly continued into the 1980s at Montauk? Do you think it might have been a real event, and could the physics stand up, as far as you know?
All I know is that a board member of SARA claimed to have been part of the Philadelphia Experiment in a meeting we had at ISSO in 2000. Also a CIA official who was also an advisor to Nixon and whose daughter I was sleeping with in 1980 said that something weird did happen at that event.
7) You were in contact with Philip Corso through your grandfather in those early years.
This is not a fact. I am not sure. I seem to remember it was him. But it was about 1950 or so and the memory of his face is dim. However, when I saw his photo decades later it rang a bell.
This was the same time that the Roswell crash supposedly occurred, of which he claims to have become involved, and eventually wrote The Day After Roswell. Do you think that this book was relating the facts, or do you think it was disinformation? If it was disinformation, what effect do you think it was meant to have on the public, and for what purpose?
I have no reason to think that Corso would lie about this. Colonel John Alexander vouches for his character.
8) In your book, Destiny Matrix, you say that an Israeli military official recently disclosed that he had witnessed Uri Geller being zapped by a beam of light from a UFO when the latter was seven years old (I think Puharich wrote in his book that Uri was three). Do you have anything more you can add to that? Do you think that this person might have witnessed the event as part of a secret military project?
Ask Uri Geller.
9) I’ve read a number of books about the RV program that took place at SRI and Fort Meade, and these books vary in describing the extent that RVing was able to reach. My own few experiments show that the clairvoyant aspects are real, but what about the remote influencing, such as causing a person to get sick, or to affect a person’s thoughts? What about the claims of astral projection and the level of clarity that certain RVers were able to ‘see’ their targets? Do you know if any technological enhancements to RVing were used, such as psychotronics? If so, can you describe what they were and how they worked?
You need to ask Hal Puthoff, Russell Targ, Ed May, Dean Radin, James Spottiswoode - who did the work not me.
10) I don’t know how much you may have been involved with RVing, but I’m wondering if you might have ever heard of phenomena occurring at a target site when it’s being RVed, specifically, a small green light or orb?
11) What’s your opinion of James Randi?
He's a fake.
Do you think he’s out to cover up the reality of paranormal phenomena, or does he really doubt that it’s real?
12) You were involved with the Esalen Institute, and a group there were getting messages from the ‘The Nine’ that Puharich had been in contact with. Were you involved with this group at Esalen? What sort of activities did you involve yourself with in the Consciousness Research Group? Was it just discussion, or was there any investigative research involved? If so, what?
Yes, again this is in my book - the part about Jenny O Conner.
13) Were Rabbi Sarfatti and Samuel Sarfatti the same person? Why do you feel that you might be the reincarnation of him/them?
No. Again this is in my book. Several hundred years separate them. Samuel Sarfatti physician to Pope Julius II was descended I think from Solomon ha Zarfati aka Rashi in Troyes France during the First Crusade. Because Rashi was a precognitive remote viewer. Back from the future phenomena play the major role in his Merlinesque exploits.
14) Trauma is known to be used in mind-control programs to create alternate personalities, and these personalities can later be called forth again by similar means, or through specific pre-programmed triggers. Do you think it possible that the incident you had in France with the three SS-type bikers, where you were hit with a truncheon, might have been part of some sort of occultic ‘awakening’ ritual (a trigger), that was part of a centuries-long plan that began far in the past, perhaps having to do with your ancestor Rashi de Troyes, to awaken him you, in his living descendant?
15) How do you know Betty Andreasson?
The one I keow is in the photo at Westebeke Ranch in Destiny Matrix - we had an affair, but I don't think it's the same woman you mean who is into UFOs - only same name.
16) Have you ever heard of a woman by the name of Blanche Chavoustie? She was involved in a similar government program for highly intelligent college students at about the same time as you, but this was at Oswego State Teachers College, somewhere near Lake Ontario.
17) There must be something beyond the ‘observer effect’ in QM that has brought you to the conclusion that consciousness is so fundamental to physical reality, leading you to study it for over 40 years.
Any person who is not asleep in Gurdjieff's sense must ponder what consciousness is and how it works.
Where or how does consciousness take precedence in your understanding of physical reality? How does it reveal itself to you as being primary to matter? Do you have any way to explain its effect on physicality outside of a purely mechanistic framework? For instance, do you see something like belief or intent having an effect on physical processes?
In my theory the Bohm quantum potential in the macro-quantum case (spontaneous symmetry breaking of some brain degrees of freedom in their ground state) is the mental field (as in Freeman-Vitiello model) It has signal non-locality in Antony Valentini's sense. The back-reaction of the Bohm hidden variables i.e. electromagnetic fields and charges on this macro-quantum coherent Bohm quantum potential excites our conscious experiences - qualia.
The qubit quantum potential is intrinsically mental or "thoughtlike" in Stapp's sense. The classical fields (hidden variables) are "rocklike" Stapp. It's the macro-quantum coherent "two-way relation" (Bohm & Hiley) between them with signal nonlocality from phase rigidity (P.W. Anderson) that excites conscious qualia. Micro-quantum theory is one-way, hence no consciousness.
18) You have personally experienced the suppression of knowledge in certain areas of scientific investigation when you were excluded from your own conference a few years ago, with the reaction to your article on Uri Geller from Birkbeck College, and you’re aware of similar suppression in various other scientific fields. Do you think that there’s a major coverup going on regarding certain knowledge that has been discovered? If so, can you explain your thoughts further? Do you think that certain parties are trying to discredit you and your physics work because of its accuracy?
Ask Brian Josephson - Nobel Prize who has a whole website on this in relation to the Cornell archive.
19) Do you think that the scientific establishment might have been purposely led into following dead-end pursuits, such as string theory might be, and to encourage immense funding and investments to be put into it, in order to divert anyone from pursuing other avenues of research which have been suppressed and which those who possess it may wish to hold extremely tight control over?
Interesting suggestion. Maybe.
20) What is your opinion regarding the ability to physically travel backwards in time?
I think it has been happening for thousands of years in our history via wormholes.
Do you think that a person might only be able to go as far back as the point when the first time machine is built (an idea I think I read in Nick Herbert’s book, Faster Than Light), or do you see it as being conceptually possible to go beyond that point?
There may be old wormholes from the early universe naturally formed with dark energy that advanced intelligences can modify for time travel to the past.
21) What is your opinion of Tom Bearden’s theories regarding scalar waves or time-reversed EM waves?
22) I have a personal hypothesis that time-travel can be accomplished in a subjective sense, where a person travels using their mind only,
Ask Fred Wolf and Russell Targ not me.
and what is seen as UFOs might often be the effect of this, perhaps due to the technology that’s used to do this (this ties in with question 7 as a similar effect). What do you think of this idea, and can it fit into your own theories about reverse-causality?
No, ufos are nuts and bolts metallic machines. They are advanced space-craft - weapons.
23) If I haven’t already bothered you enough with all these questions, do you mind if I pose some follow-up questions to your responses?
Thank you in advance for your time and assistance.